The day all Indian battle royale players have been waiting for is finally here. PUBG, better called Battlegrounds Mobile India is available for pre-registration from today onwards. Yes, it’s official! This announcement was made by Krafton, a South Korean firm behind the online multiplayer battle royale game.
For those who don’t know, the Indian Government banned PUBGM back in September 2020. The MeitY had axed the utterly famous battle royale game due to some data and security concerns. Since then, Indian fans have been anxiously awaiting the comeback of PUBG Mobile in their country.
According to our sources, all this pre-registration scene has become possible because Bluehole, the owner of PUBG (Battlegrounds Mobile India) has cut its ties with Tencent. It was constantly on the lookout for a local partner that could hold all the data in India itself. Rest we all know what happened!
PUBGM vs Battlegrounds Mobile India: What’s the difference?
Before we jump onto the pre-registration section, let us all know what is going to be different between the global PUBG mobile and Battlegrounds Mobile India. The following are the major differences between the two online multiplayer battle royale versions:
- Availability: First and foremost thing that makes PUBGM different from Battlegrounds Mobile India is its availability. PUBGM is available all across the globe (excluding some regions) while Battlegrounds Mobile India will be exclusively available to Indian players only.
- Exclusive content: Krafton made it clear a few weeks ago that India will have its in-game content, events, esports tournaments much like the Chinese version of the game, “Game of Peace” which is known for emphasizing exclusive Chinese content. In order words, we all will experience the ‘desi’ reincarnation of our favorite battle royale game.
- Gameplay changes and new policies: One of the major reasons behind the BAN of global PUBG mobile in India was that the game was too addictive and violent for young minds. Making unnecessary huge in-app purchases by teens is another cause (source).
Now, for Battlegrounds Mobile India, Krafton won’t repeat the narrative. The officials have claimed that players under 18 years will have to give guardians’ phone numbers to play the game while their daily gameplay quota will be restricted to 3 hours per day. Also, the in-game purchases will be limited to 7000 INR a day.
We have also heard that the effect of the green hit will be shown instead of the bloody red (this is too much. Ain’t it?). Further changes incorporate more clothing on the characters to evade any allegation of mild nudity in-game.
PUBGM vs Battlegrounds Mobile India: What’s similar?
We know most of you are apparently thinking – bro, I should probably let go of this anticipation of PUBG mobile pre-registration. Hey, don’t be upset! Apart from having a different name and several changes, the Indian version of PUBG mobile is still somewhat similar to the global version. The following are the known similarities between PUBGM and Battlegrounds Mobile India:
- Same battle royale concept: The upcoming Indian version of PUBG mobile hasn’t left its roots behind. It will be a spin-off of the global version. Krafton has confirmed that Battlegrounds Mobile India will be based on a similar battle royal concept with the selfsame gameplay, mechanics, etc.
- Gameplay and mechanics: As we mentioned in the previous point, the gameplay and mechanics of Battlegrounds Mobile are going to be the same. Just like the global version, the Indian version will also be designed and developed using Unreal Engine 4.
- Similar maps: Another major reason to pre-register for PUBG mobile India. The South Korean firm developers have confirmed that the game will come with a Sanhok map. Players can also expect to see Erangel, Miramar, and Vikendi making their way to the game.
10 good laptops under 50,000 Indian Rupees to run PUBG: Battlegrounds Mobile India flawlessly on emulators
Now that you know the differences and similarities between PUBG mobile global version and the Indian version, it’s time to talk about the pre-registration process!
How to pre-register for Battlegrounds Mobile India?
The pre-registration process can be completed by Android users for now. The company is yet to make an announcement concerning when the same will happen for iOS phone users. Though Krafton has stated that PUBG: Battlegrounds Mobile India would be free for both Android and iOS smartphone users.
Follow these steps in order to register for PUBG mobile:
- First, open Google Play Store on your android device and search for Battlegrounds Mobile India. If you can’t find the game, we would suggest you click on this link.
- A new page will appear on your screen. Now, look out for the pre-register button.
- Click the button once you figure out where it is and enter all the details that are being asked by the app.
Once you have covered all the above pre-registration steps, your PUBG mobile Indian version will get booked and you will be able to play it on the launch date.
PUBG: Battlegrounds Mobile India: Final words
Battlegrounds Mobile India is going to be a free-to-play, multiplayer experience from Krafton. Players could battle it in diverse game modes which can be squad-based or even one-on-one. Techanator believes that the game will surely get 200 million downloads within the first 2 months of its release.
We also believe that the recommended smartphone requirements for Battlegrounds Mobile India are going to be the same as the global version of PUBG mobile. What do you guys think of this amazing pre-registration announcement made by Kraftron? Do share your thoughts in the comment section!
Spotify Updates my library with useful features